Tax Debt

Tax Debt: Garnishee Orders from ATO

The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) may issue a Garnishee Order if you fail to meet your tax debt payment obligations. However, you must be left with […][…]

Tax Residency

Section 23AG – Exempt foreign service income

Under section 23AG of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 (ITAA),  Foreign employment income is exempt from tax if all of the following applies: you are […][…]

Tax Advice

CGT main residence exemption

If you sell your home, you are entitled to a Capital Gains Tax (CGT ) exemption known as the main residence exemption. There are some restrictions […][…]

International Tax

International tax: CFC tax rules explained

If you have interests in offshore companies you should be aware of the taxation rules relating to Controlled Foreign Companies (CFC) or Controlled Foreign Trusts Rules […][…]

Tax Residency

Aussie crew member of overseas yacht? Australian resident for tax purposes?

A question that frequently arises is whether an Australian who is living and working on a yacht based in overseas waters is a non-resident and thus […][…]

Tax Residency

Are you an Australian working overseas? Your residency status will affect your liability to tax on foreign earned income

A recent case in the AAT concerned an individual working in Oman, who successfully claimed to be a non-resident of Australia, despite being domiciled in Australia […][…]



Law Council of Australia - Tax Lawyer Sydney Melbourne
law society of new south wales - Tax Lawyer Sydney Melbourne
the tax institute - Tax Lawyer Sydney Melbourne
Transfer Pricing Association Global logo - Tax Lawyer Sydney Melbourne